Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mini Review: Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

Title: Eyes Like Stars
Author: Lisa Mantchev
Publication Date: July 2009
Rating: 3.5 / 5 stars

Enter Stage Right
All her world's a stage.
Beatrice Shakespeare Smith is not an actress, yet she lives in a theater.
She is not an orphan, but she has no parents.
She knows every part, but has no lines of her own.
Until now.
Welcome to the Théâtre Illuminata, where the characters of every place ever written can be found behind the curtain. They were born to play their parts, and are bound to the Théâtre by The Book—an ancient and magical tome of scripts. Bertie is not one of them, but they are her family—and she is about to lose them all and the only home she has ever known.
Lisa Mantchev has written a debut novel that is dramatic, romantic, and witty, with an irresistible and irreverent cast of characters who are sure to enchant the audience.
Open Curtain

I read Eyes Like Stars last year and in anticipation of the 2nd book in the series, Perchance to Dream (May 2010), I read it again. I'm having a hard time reviewing this one. I liked it, I really did. I thought the story was very unique and I loved the hidden secretes / mystery aspect. I'm not too sure I like Ariel though - I know! Some of you are saying, what's wrong with you? Maybe some of you agree with me? I would love to hear your thoughts!

I really grew to love Bertie, she just made the book for me. Oh, and I love love love her fairy friends :) I thought I would be annoyed by them always fluttering around Bertie all the time but they were pretty wonderful.

I'm so curious as to what will happen in Perchance to Dream. There is so much that Bertie doesn't know - so much to discover and I have a feeling there are more secrets waiting for her.

**In my Mimi Reviews I explore older, sometimes obscure books I have found in my travels and wish to share with my reader**

1 comment:

  1. I have this book and will get to it soon. Now I'm curious as to how I'll feel about Ariel!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)