Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Help?

(insert picture of frustrated blogger here)

Anyone else having a b***h of a time inserting pictures into posts in Blogger this morning?

I am!

Anyone hear anything about updated 'features'?

grumble..grumble...grumble...grumble...

Ok - going to work now! Will try again later....grumble...

***UPDATE****
Thank you everyone for commenting / helping / grumbling along with me!

I think I know what my major problem was -- I have yet to update my Firefox browser on my home lap top. The upload feature doesn't seem to work with older versions (3.5 maybe?) ALSO - with the older browser, moving pictures around in my post wasn't really working at all!
I did some quick tests here at work (shhhh!!) with Firefox 3.6.3 and Chrome (Google's browser) and things seem to be working better.
Still don't know if I'm a fan of the new set up but I'll do more testing tonight!
Thanks again guys!!!

7 comments:

  1. I agree, very annoying. I stared at the new interface for about 10 minutes before I finally saw how to upload an image from my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed it last night. Amanda is right, click upload to pull from computer file. It is VERY SLOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord last night I just about went nuts! There is a way to upload from computer???? I don't have to go through the online site. I was super annoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had any issues, but I go to my picasawebgoogle site directly and upload it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep they changed the panel but it works essentially the same way. I think they are trying to get everyone aware that they own picasa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... I didn't notice any changes. Must go look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok.. It is not too bad. Took me about 5 seconds to figure it out. Not a fan of using Picasa or the fact that all my pictures show up at the same time. But oh well. If you just select "From this blog" and then choose "Add a photo" from the very top of that portion, it will let you upload from your computer. Seems very overcomplicated for no reason.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)