Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 1 NetGalley October Tips: Registering and Filling Out Your Bio

Welcome to Week 1 of NetGalley Ocotober :)

Today Lindsey Rudnickas, NetGalley Digital Concierge has some tips on getting started.


Registering and Filling Out your NetGalley Bio:
After you log in for the first time, make sure to fill in your Profile and Public Bio, so publishers know who you are and what you do. The information in your bio is what publishers see when deciding to approve your galley requests.

It’s very important to check the Publisher Approval Preferences page for guidance. Publishers are telling you exactly what they’re looking for in your Bio in order to approve you, so be sure to follow their advice!

And don't forget to indicate if you are a member of any Associations, like the ALA or ABA (under Account Information).

*HINT* In your Profile, the "Company" should not be the same as your first and last name, or else publishers might not be able to see your Public Bio when you request titles. Please at least put an underscore (example: first_last) to avoid the issue. Thanks!

*****************************************************************************

Have questions about Week 1's tips?
Comment below and I'll be sure to share them with Lindsey when we Twitter Chat on the 28th.

Haven't declared yourself yet?

Coming up next week: Requesting and Getting Approved

6 comments:

  1. Thank you to Lindsey! I have taken a look at my bio with some of the publisher's prefrences in mind and made a few changes. I hope that will help me in future. :)

    My first book has gone on my list, Emile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was a great post with good things to check out on netgalley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting those tips! Can't wait for next week as I know I've been rejected a few times and would like to improve my odds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious about next weeks tips. I sent a request earlier this week for a book and still haven't been approved and I've been approved by that publisher in the past. How long does it usually take to get approved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm coming in to this late, but isn't that saying, it's better late than never? ;)

    I've embedded a gadget on the right side of my blog for NetGalley October@ Red House books, and link back here within the text of the gadget.

    I also sent out something on Twitter that linked back here. http://twitter.com/#!/NovelChatter

    Thanks for doing this, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opps forgot the link to my blog...http://www.novelchatter.com

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)