Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, May 11, 2013

On My Reader (31) - May 11, 2013

On My Reader posts are were I highlight recent ebooks I've added to my digital collection :)


Question for you! 

How do you organize your digital book collection? 
I have everything added in Goodreads - at least I think I do...but I'm a very visual person and not being able to 'see' what I have doesn't really work.

Spreadsheet? Some type of picture gallery?

Just curious what you guys do!

Anyway!

Here's what I've added recently.

Links and info from Goodreads

Free

May 7th from Putnam Juvenile
"After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one."

I have yet to see a bad review of this one! It's pretty massive though (480 pages) so I thought I would try a sample first before buying it.

Bought

July 3rd 2012 from Harper Collins Children's Books
"Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . ."

I've always been fascinated with the story of Peter Pan. This one has gotten fabulous reviews since it came out.
It was on sale and I couldn't pass it up!



Pulse It - Online

May 7th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books
Lucy’s Chantress magic will make her the most powerful—and most hunted—girl in England. 

I knew nothing about this book before I saw it on Pulse It. Alternative history (circa 17th century England) mixed with some pretty unique magic.
If you're a member of Pulse It I think it will be up until Tuesday if you want to check it out!

For Review via NetGalley

June 25th 2013 from Harlequin Teen

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.
A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

Not sure how the e-galley is formatted but the print edition will have flip-art.
Young girl, unsure of herself in a foreign (to her) country.
Not sure on the romance aspect but Harlequin Teen rarely lets me down :)


October 1st 2013 from Carolrhoda Lab
Facing her fears has become second nature to Lark. Facing the truth is another matter.

OMG OMG OMG!
I was more then thrilled when this one hit NetGalley and I was over the moon when my request was granted.
If you like sci-fi if you like fantasy if you like dystopian - you need to read this series!

So, what did you guys add to your e-readers this week?

2 comments:

  1. I bought a few books this week, and got a few review copies from NetGalley. You can see which ones on my Sunday Post.

    As for organizing my ebooks, I use Calibre. I can add tags and my own notes in the field where book descriptions go. (I keep tags few and simple, mainly genres.) I can also change the title to add the series name, so I'll have, say, VirginRiver 01: Virgin River (and) VirginRiver 02: Shelter Mountain. When I upload the books to my reader and sort by title, this keeps the series in order.

    Calibre works with ePub, Nook ePub, and Kindle formats as well as some now-obsolete formats. It's a great program, and it's free!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)