Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, October 30, 2015

Book Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer

Book #3 in The Lunar Chronicles
Genre: YA Fantasy Sci-fi Fairy tale
Publication: February 2014 from Feiwel and Friends
Acquisition: received a free ARC from the publisher

Synopsis:
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
(from Goodreads)
5 / 5 Stars


This was re-read for me but I never posted my review the first time around. (*bad Emily*)

The short and sweet version -- if you read books 1 and 2 I can't imagine any scenario in which you wouldn't also read book 3. It is so ridiculously easy to fall in love with these characters. If you haven't started this series yet -- what are you waiting for? Do it!

Seriously, this is a good series.

Everything I loved about books 1 and 2 were amplified in book 3. I think it's because we pretty much get to see all the characters - both interacting with each other and on their own. There are many point of views in this book and I know that can be off putting to some but I personally love it.

The story gets more complex but doesn't loose itself. The characters are tried and true but far from boring. The tension is intense but not overwhelming.

I love all of it.

And you should to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)