Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, December 7, 2015

Book Review: Winter by Marissa Meyer

Book #4 of the Lunar Chronicles
Genre: YA Sci-fi Fantasy
Publication: November 2015 by Feiwel and Friends
Acquisition: bought

Synopsis:
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?
(from Goodreads)
5 / 5 Stars

I can't imagine a scenario in which someone would read books 1-3 of The Lunar Chronicles but decide not to finish the series with book 4.

Ok - I guess it could happen. I'm actually terrible at finishing up series.

You know what, I change my mind -- I totally can imagine a scenario in which someone reads books 1-3 of The Lunar Chronicles but doesn't read book 4.

But you know what?

You need to NOT be that person and you totally need to read book 4! (or books 1-3 and then book 4 if you haven't read any of the series yet) (or books 2-3 and then 4 if you only read Cinder and then for reasons we have already established exists, didn't continue with the series) (OR you need to....you're picking up what I'm throwing down here right?)

Bottom line - It's a fabulous series and Winter is a fabulous end to the aforementioned fabulous series.

:)

I really do love this series and I couldn't have been happier with Winter.

It's not a perfect story - maybe a little unrealistic on the happily ever after front? But you know what? It all really worked for me.

There were some surprises. Some things didn't turn out the way I thought they would. But it made sense and it nothing felt rushed or out of the blue.

I've have strong feelings for these characters and with a lot of characters spread over 4 books, that's A LOT of feelings.

The Lunar Chronicles is a series I'm always recommending to folks. I'm sad that it's over but I'm so happy I stuck with this one to the end!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read Fairest yet - but I definitely plan to! And Winter too! I promise not to be one of those people. :-)

    By the way, now that I know who you are, I'm totally going to stalk you. Which is going to sound really creepy to anyone reading this (but I promise it's not, people.)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)