Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, July 10, 2016

ALA Updates and Pics

Hey guys!

Family things kept me from blogging last week and even though you might be so over seeing posts of ALA, I wanted to share my little bit.

Orlando heat and humidity aside, ALA was fabulous. The convention center was a bit hard to navigate and I still wish these 'big' library conferences weren't quiet so 'big' but the sessions I did manage to find and get to were pretty great. I took away a lot of useful info for myself and my co-workers.

Also, there is something about being in a place with so many other people who feel just as passionately as you do about a particular subject (librarying! books!).
It's very recharging!

The (boring? ;) academic stuffs I'll save for my co-workers. You guys get to see...THE BOOKS!

In case you couldn't tell, I'm a #dramallama free blogger and while I did see and hear about 'bad' behavior, it doesn't affect me or how I blog. With that said, you may notice some duplicate copies in my pics below - not going into long explanations BUT if you want details on how or why I took home any of these copies, please ask. I strive for 100% transparency!

Ok - ON WITH THE BOOKS!


Ha! These lovely pics were taken while sitting on the floor packing up a box to ship :)
Thank the heavens for the on site Post Office!


Lots of different ones in these piles - and please please just ask about the doubles you see instead of making assumptions.


I feel so very lucky that I was able to take all of these beauties home!

My favorites:
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Nemesis by Anna Banks
The Memory of Things by Gae Polisner
The Ones by Daniel Sweren-Becker
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
Dotwav by Mike Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)